A project with that combines lightness, strength, and versatility?
The Prosilas staff will respond promptly by sending a detailed quote with costs and delivery times
Lightweight, durable, and versatile 3D printing material
Our new material, Hyper-light Carbon, is one of the lightest in the world of 3D printing.
It is ideal for applications that demand high precision, an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, and a high-quality surface finish.
Its versatility makes it suitable for a broad range of industries, including aerospace, sports, and motorsports.
Hyper-light Carbon ?
Hyper-light Carbonis an additive manufacturing material based on PA12 loaded with carbon fiber.
The new formulation imparts lightness, strength, and ease of processing to the material. It exhibits a uniform surface finish, high precision, and an excellent strength-to-weight ratio.
Designed for selective laser sintering (SLS) 3D printing, this process uses a laser to melt the material powder layer by layer.
At Prosilas, we have the capability to process Hyper-light Carbon on the EOS P770 printer (680x370x540mm). This enables us to produce large monolithic parts with high precision and repeatability.
The key characteristics of Hyper-light Carbon are:
- Lightweight: SLS-printed parts have a density of 0.82 g/cm³, making it suitable for lightweight applications. Additionally, its density allows it to float on water.
- Strength: Hyper-light Carbon boasts a tensile strength of 50 MPa, surpassing the tensile strength of other materials such as Pa2200. This makes it an ideal material for applications requiring robust parts.
- Surface Finish: The material produces parts with a very precise surface finish, making it ideal for applications that demand an appealing aesthetic.
- Strength-to-Weight Ratio: Hyper-light Carbon exhibits an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, making it suitable for applications that require both lightweight and sturdy parts.
Hyper-light Carbon is a versatile material suitable for a wide range of additive manufacturing applications, including:
- Motorsport and Racing: Ideal for prototyping and producing parts for the motorsport and racing industry, such as aerodynamic appendages and fairings for racing cars.
- Aerospace/UAV Components: Well-suited for prototyping and manufacturing aerospace components, drones, and UAVs due to its lightweight nature, strength, and performance in extreme conditions.
- Sporting Equipment: Suitable for producing sporting equipment, including fitness tools, handles, and components of sportswear, thanks to its robustness and comfort.
- Marine Applications: With its ability to float on water, it is an excellent choice for applications where parts need to float, such as marine buoys or aquatic robots, as well as fishing equipment.
Hyper-light Carbon stands out as the superior material for lightweight applications, featuring unmatched density and specific weight.
Its tensile strength, comparable to the robust PA 2200, is accompanied by tensile and flexural moduli that, while lower, provide unique versatility.
Despite having a similar elongation at break as PA 603 CF, emphasizing uncompromising strength, its extraordinary thermal properties, comparable to those of PA 603 CF, complete an exceptional profile in every aspect.
|PA 603 CF
|Ultimate tensile strength (XY)
|Tensile modulus (XY)
|Elongation at Break (XY)
|Heat deflection temperature at 1,82 Mpa / at 0,45 Mpa
Finishing and post-process
Hyper-Light Carbon Black Coloring
Coloring is an automated treatment. The colour penetrates a few tenths of amillimetre. It does not alter the part dimensionally.